Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hollyhock painting started....

As I mentioned last post, I planned on doing a hollyhock painting....here's the block in.  When I start a block in from a photo, I tend to stick pretty close to the photo.  Once I have the block in...I start taking my "artistic liberties" as I call them.  As you can see from the foliage, I'll be doing that with some of the leaves, but I LOVE the big leaf on the left, so it will be staying.  Not sure about the cloud positions and the foliage on the right yet.  Stay tuned!!!  



For my little ebay paintings, including the little painting below, just click on the link at the above right.  


6 comments:

  1. Isn't nature wonderful....it always surprises us!

    This looks quite large, what size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to put it over 54" x 42" stretcher bars. It is quite big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic already, Kimberly!!! I love the size of this flower....I look forward to seeing this finished.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! What a wonderfully BIG Hollyhock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was interested to see you are painting on un-stretched canvas, do you get it stretched when the painting is finished?
    looking forward to seeing the finished painting

    ReplyDelete