Friday, January 1, 2016

The blog is back!

Well, I took a year or so off from the blog, but thought I would get it going again.  Thanks to those of you who've let me know what you would like to see on the blog site.  Where to start?  How about a finished painting from a previous post of a work in progress.
Here's my Hollyhock.  I'm crazy about my flowers.  Oil on canvas, large format 54" x 42" inches.  

I started out on the wall and after I blocked in, stretched the canvas and completed the painting.  I love working on these large formats when I'm living in Kentucky.  (And have the space.)  I used several photos of this beauty while working.  Plus, I had the luxury that first season to walk outside and get some closeups.  I've been working on some smaller works un-stretched then mounting them on masonite.  Helps with traveling so I can just roll them up after painting outside. 
Happy Painting!!!

6 comments:

  1. Very impressive Kimberly and so unusual to find an artist that paints from 2x3" to 54x42"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't do the super small ones much anymore. It is a pretty big change!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back Kimberly! Beautiful piece to start with! I will be looking forward to seeing your next piece!

    ReplyDelete