Monday, February 29, 2016

What I do when I don't feel like painting....

Well...I paint...
I do what I call "block ins" and lots of them.  Here's a few from here in my RV.  
If it looks like they're done in chalk, that's because I do a lot of my block ins in black and white oil paint.  I love this process!  These are some small format paintings, but by putting things in black & white, I can see if I want to continue.  Because they are at such an early stage in the painting process...I don't stress about them.  It's very fun for me!
If you look in the middle of the above photo, you'll see the block in of this little ballerina I have up for auction on Daily Paintworks.


These small paintings are a nice & fun change for me.  Sometimes I feel like I'm always trying to come up with class paintings (for the painting classes I teach) and it feels good to just paint.  :-)
Happy Painting!!



4 comments:

  1. Bonjour,

    Un très joli patchwork artistique...
    Gros bisous ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! You're always so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, thank you so much for your comment on the cats' progress! I am a hard critic of my own work, and must admit I like them, too.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea Kim. We all have those days when we just don't feel up to really painting, but want to accomplish something. I will give it a try next time.

    ReplyDelete