Saturday, April 14, 2012

Writing in sand...


I read something really cool today in Professional Artist magazine. Jack White often has articles in there and in the May issue he discusses forgiving and forgetting. He said "Learn to write your hurts in dry sand on a windy day and chisel the good things that happen in granite so you never forget them." I just loved that and think we could all benefit by doing this. Just thought I would share it.

For this or other paintings I have up for auction this week on ebay, click on the link at the above right.

7 comments:

  1. De belles paroles que vous nous rapportez... J'aime beaucoup.
    Votre peinture m'apporte une grande sérénité en l'admirant... Les couleurs sont d'une grande douceur.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful painting, Kimberly. I can feel the moisture in the air!
    (I also like the statement of forgiveness - holding on to anger really only hurts ourselves).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly,
    I'm glad to have found your blog. This is such a nice little seascape! I also enjoy the quote from Jack White. Thank you for sharing that extra bit of sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Kimberly and this painting is beautiful.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love this!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can FEEL that water and that sky! Lovely...

    ReplyDelete