Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hiking on Memorial Day Weekend


Had a great weekend.  We took Monday to go for about 6 miles of hiking at Natural Bridge, (which I've posted a photo), and Red River gorge...AKA:  Kentuckys land of arches.  It was in the 90's but was beautiful.  I was so inspired and can't wait to get to painting.  On the way home we stopped by the Kentucky Veterans Cemetary to pay our respects to some loved ones.  I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!


For this or other paintings I have available for sale this week, just click on the link at the above right.

6 comments:

  1. Une très jolie peinture... merci de partager avec nous cette belle photo. J'ai hâte de voir votre prochaine oeuvre.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural Bridge looks like good hiking. Lovely painting as using...I enjoy your expansive skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martin Alison & Adriann! It's wild that Ky has these formations. They really look like something that would be out west, but they're covered with foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to see a painting from you from the Natural Bridge someday..its really a nice reference photo! and it looks like such a nice place to hike!! and as always, your painting is awesome..love the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got a chance to go hiking much when I was younger, perhaps living in 'the Plains' had something to do with that. I do walking...but not much hiking:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't worry about hiking around here, because there's so much water. I think out on the plains or the west, it would be more dangerous. I'm always hearing about someone getting lost and not having enough water.

    ReplyDelete