Friday, December 3, 2010

Shakespeare's Sonnet...


I'm never sure what I'm going to write about here each time I make an entry. Earlier, my artist group EBSQ was asking for our opinions for 2011 shows. One of my suggestions was Shakespeare's Sonnets. So...thought I would share one of my favorites:

Sonnet Number 91
Some glory in their birth, some in their skill,
Some in their wealth, some in their body's force,
Some in their garments, though new-fangled ill,
Some in their hawks and hounds, some in their horse;
And every humor hath his adjunct pleasure, wherein it finds a joy above the rest.
But these particulars are not my measure,
But these I better in one general best.
Thy love is better than high birth to me,
Richer than wealth, prouder than garments' cost,
Of more delight than hawks or horses be;
And having thee, of all men's pride I boast;
Wretched in this alone, that thou mayst take all this away, and me most wretched make.

For this or other paintings I have for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Gulf Waters
5 x 7 inches, Oil on canvas board
Available for sale on ebay after 12/7/2010

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kimmy, coming by from ebsq =) Lovely work-fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoppy by Michele! I love to hear from my fellow EBSQ'ers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting, and a Shakespearean Sonnet as well - what else could anyone wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't visited the EBSQ Forums in a while...I think your idea such a good one.

    ReplyDelete