Thursday, December 16, 2010

Staying warm inside...


Oh...the weather outside is frightful...but my furnace is so delightful..... Ok, corny, but right now I'm loving being inside. The high temp today will be 29 degrees, with a "wintery mix". Translation, sleet, snow, very cold....stay inside! The good news is I'm getting some painting done today. Most of my time will be to finish a commission I have due before Christmas, and I like being ahead of schedule. Stay warm everyone!!!

For paintings available for sale on Ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Shady Stream
4 x 6 inches
Oil on canvas board
Available for sale on Ebay after 12/18/2010

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the depth and the richness of tones! Stay warm! We're in the 70's today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Must be nice! I'll be warm again in about 2 weeks when I'm Florida bound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I started branching out of art cards I found that a 4x5 Inch cut sheet of coldpress worked best for me but I dont know if that is even a standard size piece for framing.=D I might need to find a standard size to work with so that folks wont have a hard time framing them. Unless 4x5 is still standard..lol..sizes confuse me. So you paint and post here everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I paint every day, but just post a few days a week. I keep my sizes for standard frames, 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 if possible. I love the 4x5 size, but I can't find 4 x 5 frames anywhere as a standard frame. That's why I switched. I love the 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 format.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a fresh bright look. I love the warm colors and thick paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm glad to have discovered you too! Your work is delightful!
    I read your post about your dear aunt, she will definitely appreciate your art, and she sounds like the most wonderful person to have in your life.
    Merry Christmas!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This beautiful painting just fills me with a sense of warmth - just what I need with the bitterly cold temperatures we have been having here in PA.
    Wonderful Blog, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your paintings look so lush and rich! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete