Friday, November 12, 2010

EBSQ Self-Representing Artists


I'm a juried and lifetime member of EBSQ Self Representing Artists. Honestly without them, I don't believe I would have come this far as an artist. Now don't get me wrong, I feel that creating art is a journey. I don't think you "arrive", I think you constantly grow. However, the collaboration of other artists there, helped me not to be afraid of who I am. Their support, both with my business and art questions, has totally had a positive impact on my life and work. If you are creating art, join some sort of collaborative. You need people whom you can relate with and relay questions to.

Right now they have just updated the EBSQ web page. They're working on getting out all of the "bugs" and have been doing a fantastic job. I'm so thankful for places like EBSQ where artists like me can learn, grow, and even contribute.

Morning Serenity At The Pond
5 x 7 inches, Oil on board
Available for purchase on ebay after 11/16/2010
To purchase this or other paintings by Kimberly Vanlandingham, click on the link at the above right.

6 comments:

  1. Sérénité, plénitude... sont des mots très appropriés lorsque j'admire votre peinture...
    Je vous félicite pour votre participation en tant que membre du jury ...
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the folks at EBSQ. I just haven't visited them often enough lately...love the new look of the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kimberly! Thanks for the comment on my post. Like you (altho" MUCH older) I got a real boost from ebsq when I first started painting full time and trying to figure out the web. Love the freedom I see expressed in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim
    Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment. I think this landscape is nice and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete