Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Favorite Things...






I went with my Mom several weeks ago to one of the local antique shows and I bought these sweet little handkerchiefs. I've always thought they were pretty and my Grandmother would sometimes let me carry one of hers in my purse when I was a little girl. Now, granted I never use them...(I'm a kleenex girl!!) but I just love the delicate little patterns on them so I've been putting them in my still life work. Being an artist gives me a bit of an excuse to keep useless little things around just because I like them.

For current paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the delicate embroidery and how well you depicted it.
    Very different from your usual, but lovely, landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all!!! Maria, my still life work is much different than my plein air. I'm still sort of two sides of a coin right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If so, both sides of your coin are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kimberly, I guess you have surprised us all! This is gorgeous work. I do love your palette knife works too. If fact I think they have influenced me to use more palette knives in my works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cloth it is so delicate and just plain pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly, you are amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. L'amour de ces charmants mouchoirs vous a poussé à peindre une toile vraiment sublime...
    j'aime la délicatesse de votre touche et l'harmonie des couleurs. Une très belle composition où la lumière vient lécher soigneusement votre sujet...
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I love the handkerchief and the way you delicately painted it. It always shows when someone is passionate about what they paint. There's always special care taken to portray that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Kimberly! I love the detail while still keeping the painterly brushwork. You have inspired me to paint a still life with some of my grandmother's needlework and figurines I have kept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I love painting copper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! Carol, you should totally put her needlework in one of your paintings!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely still life, like the light coming from the left and the composition too. I find half the fun of still lifes is hunting for the treasures to put in them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing light create such a fantastic atmosphere! Verybeautiful!

    ReplyDelete