Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Forever Field


This painting is of some of the gorgeous Kentucky countryside near my home. In the southern part of the county where I live, there is still a lot of open land. I called this piece the "Forever Field" because it seems as though you can see forever. I love the feeling I get looking at these large open spaces. I don't know why, but it causes me to contemplate my future and all it's possibilities.

For this or other paintings available on for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
The Forever Field
5 x 7 inches, Oil on board
Available for sale on ebay after 2/17/2011

11 comments:

  1. You captured the graduation of the sky really well in this painting, great colors!

    Yeah, it's helpful to know if there is an animal or some other unwanted shape happening in your painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful depth in this. I particularly like those billowy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vous vivez dans une région qui me paraît magnifique... les grands espaces sont une ouverture de liberté et en admirant votre toile il y a une telle profondeur que mon esprit s'évade et je me sens bien...
    Vous avez fait un joli travail aussi dans votre ciel.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!!! Janice I still chuckle about your "rabbit". Martine Alison, yes, Kentucky is gorgeous country. We are losing much of this open land to subdivisions which makes me appreciate it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so like a vista I see when we drive to Canada every summer. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you painted the sky Kimberly. You did a beautiful job on this one. I've never been to Kentucky BUT its on my list. Maybe next year! Beautiful country! The Forever Field says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sunny day - what a wonderful light-filled landscape, Kimberly. Makes my heart expand with joy just to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone! Kentucky is a gorgeous state!

    ReplyDelete