Monday, February 21, 2011

Ohio River Valley


This painting is from one of my hikes in Southeast Ohio. When I think of Ohio, I think "FLAT". The Ohio river and Licking Rivers have carved out much of our countryside where I'm at in Northern Ky. However, when you cross over to the Ohio side, there are some beautiful rolling hills and valleys. It's very surprising and the area reminds me of Kentucky. Great painting material!!!!



For this or other paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Ohio Beauty
5 x 7, Oil on board
Available for sale on ebay after 2/22/2011

11 comments:

  1. Cette petite touche de vert turquoise apporte une belle note dans cette peinture et votre ciel est particulièrement beau.
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice touch on this one and it makes me homesick as I was raised in Ohio. My Ohio is the Northwestern corner and covered with small German/ethnic farms, very flat, lots of cornfields. If it just wasn't so cold in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, very nice! Your clouds are beautiful and you have done a great job with your greens, which I know are hard. Lovely brushwork, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Carol, I've never been to that part of Ohio, except to pass thru. I'm glad the painting made you think of home though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly,
    Your colors here are very warm and inviting, a lovely landscape to walk into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting! It's so fluid and easy to "step into."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice painting, love the colors. I lived in Southeastern Ohio for many years, so different than most of Ohio, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what happened to the comment that I left here ... am I going batty?! apparently. lol. oh well, I came here to say hello to my blogpal and fellow artist. love the colors on this painting ... :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the texture and rich color with this one. Very nice Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete