Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Paintings from sketches...


I completed this painting back in Kentucky from some really, REALLY rough field sketches. South of me in the Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge area you can see views like this everywhere. I wish I had brought my sketches down here with me so you can see just how rough they are. I love to do really fast rough "thumbnail" or very small sketches on site/outdoors and then take photos. When I get back to the studio, it's so fun turning them into paintings. Believe it or not, the sketches help me remember the feeling of the moment just as well as the photo does. Maybe more so!

For paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
View From The Trail
5 x 7, Oil on board
Available for sale on ebay after 2/3/2011

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the contrast between the realism of the clouds & the impressionism of the ground. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I would say I'm missing Ky right now, but I've seen the weather. I'm pretty content in Southern Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim for your kind comment on my art. I, too, like your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see your excitement over the plein air sketch. Recreating is a great exercise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Les promenades sont si belles en votre compagnie au travers de vos peintures... Je suis certaine que ce doit être un réel plaisir que de croquer et prendre de belles photos qui continueront à vous faire vibrer tout en peignant au retour...
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sky in particular, Kim. Lovely painting! Glad you're enjoying south Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!....I LOVE this painting so much Kimberly! I love to hike and would absolutely love going there!! So beautifully painted! The light hitting those amazing rocks are wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I've had quite a few backpacking/hiking adventures in KY!!! It's a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really great feel to this Kimberly.
    Thank you for the comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete