Friday, January 28, 2011

Working alone...


I don't know how many of you feel about this, but I prefer to work/create when I'm alone. I seem to get so much more accomplished that way. Now it could be that because I'm a bit of a "talker" (those of you who know me personally probably think that's an understatement!!), I don't get as much done because I'm chatting too much. I think that's part of it, but I also think that I don't like for people to see my "process". I prefer to only show my completed work. I used to hate in college when we had to work in class and I constantly had someone looking over my shoulder. I got around that by working very slow, then finishing up at home. I'm sure I didn't fool my professors, but no one called me out on it!

For this or other paintings I have for sale on Ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Dramatic Sky
5 x 6 inches, Oil on board
Available for sale on Ebay after 1/30/2011

11 comments:

  1. Je suis dans le même état d'esprit que le vôtre ma chère Kimberley. Je ne peux pas créer avec une présence, peindre me gêne aussi mais ce serait encore presque acceptable, montrer mon travail en cours j'y parviens un peu à cause ou grâce à mon blog. Mais alors que quelqu'un vienne me voir peindre debout derrière moi, NON!
    Votre ciel est absolument éblouissant...
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful painting Kimberly. You're not alone..I, as well, like to paint alone with my music on! The Sky is amazing..! The colors are so vibrant..Again, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love your sky and the highlights on the mountain range and trees are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again Kimberly for the comment on my art blog. This sure has a nice color to it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAVE to be alone when I work. Otherwise, I feel the need to converse...even when I don't really have anything to say. This usually keeps me up into the wee hours of the morning, but that's how I work best:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in this Kimberly! You created great depth in the clouds and mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I'm really trying to work on my clouds this year. I'm glad it's just not me about being alone when I create. I think my guy thinks I'm making it up!!!! Next time I'll show him this post! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so totally like you in this regard! I get very little done with my art when there are folks around (including my husband) so I completely understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete