Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thinking of Kentucky...


Ok, so I'm loving the weather down here, the sun, the birds....I could go on but won't. So with the blue skies and ocean practically at my back door, what did I spend the day painting yesterday? Our farm in Kentucky. (Chuckle.) Right now it's snowing and like 20 degrees there, but I painted some of the horse pastures in the fall. I guess my Kentucky home was on my mind.

For this or other paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Rainy Autumn Day
5 x 7 inches, Oil on board
Available for sale on ebay after 1/12/2011

9 comments:

  1. Le retour du beau temps après de longues journées d'hiver vous feront encore plus apprécier votre charmante ferme dans le Kentucky et vous nous montrerez de nouvelles oeuvres aussi lumineuses et remplies de couleurs que cette dernière.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right, my colors are affected by these breaks I take in different parts of the country. Thanks for your comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your palette on this one! Rich, juicy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I really think I should explore painting more rainy conditions. I like the saturated colors in the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! :) Funny how when we live near the beach we want the mountains, and when we live in the mountains we want the beach. :D I've added this to the EBSQ Friday Five!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it...great colors!! Big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Amanda and Sherry! Wehoo! The Friday Five!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous palette knife work, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! Envy those who can work with a palette knife...I never could!

    ReplyDelete