Sunday, March 6, 2011

Time's flying by...


It's hard to believe that I'll be leaving for Kentucky in a few weeks. Time just flies by down here and sometimes I have trouble keeping track of the days. It actually rained here today...something that was much needed here in Southern Florida. We hope to visit the Keys this week for some sightseeing, sketching, and sunsets. This little painting was done from up north where I hear they have about of foot of snow this week. (Lake effects.) It's hard for me to imagine sometimes being so far south most of the winter. Stay warm if you're up north!!!

For this or other paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.
Standing Still
4 x 4 inches, Oil on board
Available for sale on ebay after 3/7/2011

11 comments:

  1. hi Kimberly, time is flying up here too, lol! we got some of that snow too, it was so unexpected, since it had been raining all day.
    I'm behind on my blog reading, are you moving to Kentucky?

    thanks for dropping by my blog, yes, that's the name of the art show I went to. I picked up several cards from the booths, it would be funny if I had one of your friend's, lol!

    always enjoy seeing your lovely landscapes.
    have fun at the keys :-)
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Napoleon Dynamite would say.....LUCKY!!

    (My daughter loves that movie and watches it all the time, it's becoming ingrained in my mind..yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Kimberly. I like the good variety of greeens and the freshness of this little painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberly, Congratulations! We both are featured in the official EBSQ "Must Have Monday" blog section! The theme is 'Green' and this painting was chosen! I always appreciate your encouraging comments on my blog, too! Have a happy day! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peinture et lieu séduisants... avec de belles nuances de couleurs...
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! No, I'm not moving there, I live in Southern Florida for 3 months (winter) and the rest of the time in Kentucky. Thanks everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice stuff Kimberly! I'd love to see some paintings of the Keys...very jealous...cold, wet, and even some snow up here in Portland! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Sorry about the weather there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly I remember her art(Noelle), lol! I commented on it to my sister, how I'd love something like that in my living room. It's a small world isn't it?
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a lot of much needed rain. And I was in heaven!

    That painting looks so serene....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! The way those great lakes look at the horizon is so mystical I think. They look so glassy compared to the oceans down here too.

    ReplyDelete