Thursday, March 31, 2011

Changes...


I've really been exploring doing more studio still lifes. Now I'm torn because I like the control I have working in the studio. That may sound weird, but I do. However, I love the outdoors and I'm drawn to painting what I love there also. I think this year is sort of going to be a pivotal year for me with my work. I'm not sure if I'm at a crossroads, or if I'm just in for some serious refinement. I know many of you are going thru, or have gone thru this. I'm excited about it, but a part of me wants to jump to the end to see how it all turns out!!! I'm still planning on doing my little ebay jewels that I post here, but my larger works are in for some changes I think!!!


For this or other paintings available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.

Warm Surf

5 x 7 inches, Oil on board

11 comments:

  1. Just relax about it. The answer to your direction will present itself. Follow your passion, even if it's a momentary one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. You're right of course. I guess we'll see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to it Kimberly.
    This is a nice landscape. I keep thinking I would like to do more plein aire painting but time keeps getting into the way and running a gallery doesn't help. And a poor excuse is our weather which at this time of year is horrible. Oh and we had a 4.1 earthquake this morning. Just thought I would throw that in. Nothing to do with art.
    Thanks for the kind comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece Kim with great directional lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I am not a fan of change. Like you, I'd like to jump to the end and skip the process. Sounds like you're going to be experiencing some interesting changes! It will be fun to see what comes out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible atmosphere you have created. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting Kim! Love the post below also. Reminds me of our recent trip to Florida. :) Susan is right- follow your passion.
    Sorry to read about your wreck!! Hope you have recovered from the aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paint what you love and you will love what you paint*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement! I'm pretty stoked right now!!

    ReplyDelete