Friday, April 8, 2011

Re-organizing day...


I've already completed a painting since I've been home, but decided to do a studio "cleaning" session. I'm re-organizing, and throwing out as much as possible. I liked pretty much how I had things set up, but wanted to move a few things around. It seems like each year, I make this place a better workspace. Clutter distracts and discourages me, so I'm getting rid of more of it. I've found as I get older, it's easier to part with things too. Simpler is sometimes better.


For this or other paintings I have available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right.

The Hills Beyond

5 x 7, Oil on canvas board

Currently available on ebay.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Kimberly. Would love to see pix of your studio after your cleaning session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll put a photo in with my next post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, "clutter distracts and discourages me" too!
    So, good luck getting things in order. :O)

    & lovely beach colors on your painting ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a relaxing beautiful painting! I love how the water takes your eye into the painting. I am the same way about clutter, and it is easier for me now to part with things. (Show pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors on this ocean scene. Happy cleaning. I swish someone would come to my studio and do this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothin like a clean studio to make your creative juices flow! Loved your rhino, btw! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely painting!! Gotta love cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. De-cluttering is always a good thing! I think I need to do more of it:)
    Great painting by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can come and clean my studio next! lol...
    Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive been spring cleaning too...it feels so good! and a beautiful painting already - I so admire your work and your work ethic!

    ReplyDelete