Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sun Finally!!!









I didn't think the rain was ever going to stop! We thankfully have had a couple of dry days. This morning, I finally got to go hang out with some of our horses and after my work in the studio today, I'm planning on spending some more time with them. The horse in this photo, I just call "Stud". He's definitely a "pretty boy". The first time I met him, he had never let anyone touch him. Ever! He was about 3 or 4 years old and he came right up to me and let me scratch his neck. I thought he had always liked people, but it turns out I was the first he trusted enough to get close to. He'll no doubt end up in a painting and this photo may be one I use for reference.


The above landscape "Warm Salt Marsh" will be available for sale on ebay after 5/1/2011. Size is 4 x 4 inches, Oil on canvas board. Click on the link at the above right for all the paintings I'm offering for sale this week on ebay.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful painting..love Stud too. I like hanging out with my horses too..even though I don't ride anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheri! Kay, this guy is not broke to ride either. We have some Paints that we ride, but this guy hang out in Bracken Co with the herd there. He likes having his neck scratched!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little painting and gorgeous horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! Beautiful shot of the horse! He'll make a nice subject wont he =D We rode 6 miles day before yesterday - was gorgeous day for horseback riding or just getting out, looks like your 4 legged friend enjoyed your company. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting, and what a beautiful horse! I can't wait to see your painting of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Michele I wish my horses had the stamina to ride 6 miles! We just ride them about the farm and some of the dirt trails on the farm behind us. We need to condition them more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can certainly relate to all the rain fall lately! I'm so glad you finally got some sunshine. Stud sure is a pretty boy! I am a horse fanatic, and in a perfect world I would have my own. You are so lucky to be close to these magnificent creatures.
    Can't wait to see your paintings of him
    xoxo
    betty

    ReplyDelete