Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Art Organizations...



There are so many art organizations out there. I've been pondering joining a couple of new ones this year. I can't believe how many there are! My plan right now is to join a new local one, another that could help further my career, and another "local" one for the area we winter in down in Florida. I wish I could sign up for more, but the expense can be too much. One thing about me, if I don't feel that I'm getting anything from my membership, or contributing to the organization, I'll move on. I would love to hear any suggestions from you. I'm a lifetime member of EBSQ, and that won't change, however if you have a recommendation, I would love to hear it!

For this or other paintings available for sale on ebay, click on the link at the above right. "Morning Pinks" will be available after 5/5/2011. Size: 4 x 6 inches, oil on board.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, Kimberly. Love the reflections in the water and the distant trees. I'm not sure how I missed your "Tennessee's Pride". Beautifully painted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both! Wehoo! The Friday Five!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has a sweet feel to it. Kinda gets me out of the snow. Nice job.
    Thanks for the kind comment on my art blog. If you follow me on my facebook page you will see we are finally having a warm day. Clear up to 63 yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate Kim =) if you hear of something let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have researched some too and still haven't come to any decisions. So many sound good. I noticed as the economy got worse...more came out of the woodworks...(-: The numbers are confusing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what kind of organizations you are looking for...I joined Fine Art America last July and have tripled the cost of the annual fee in less than six months.
    I've belonged to EBSQ since '04 and plan on staying. I've been fortunate enough to grab an award or two...though I haven't signed up for any shows in quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting Kimberly! Love the mood of it.I too keep looking for sites to join. I am thinking about joining a local group and trying that route. Best of luck on your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I applied to Oil Painters of America. However, after seeing the amazing work and artists they have, I don't know if I would even qualify. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting, I really like the mood on this one. Have you seen the Plein air group? It's on the side page of my blog if you want to join. Also Contemporary Fine Art International, has been great. As well as,I get alot of hits from Artshow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kimberly,
    Thought I'd drop by and take a lookie loo.
    This one looks like a work from Oregon! Misty, quiet, and full of analogous greens, blues and greys...delicious!
    My thought on joining groups is you get what you put into it. I've found that if I don't jump in, I get bored quickly. All groups would love your help to make it better. Have fun with them, give of yourself and learn a little too. :)

    ReplyDelete