Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, rain, rain!!!





















It has been raining like crazy here! I think we're like 11 inches ABOVE normal. It's a good time for some still life work. I thought I would post a few wip photos of this fun little one from a week or two ago. I've been calling it Skulls And Roses. I've really got a thing for teacups these days. I don't drink tea, so I've no idea why! LOL!

The landscape will be available for sale on ebay after 4/28/2011.

"Springs First Green", 5 x 7 inches, Oil on board

9 comments:

  1. Il est toujours intéressant de visualiser la progression d'un travail... Le vôtre me plaît beaucoup...
    Très joli paysage... la pluie finira bien par s'arrêter... Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tea cup is amazing! More more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the WIP and seeing the process. Very cool painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I've been trying to take photos of my progression (when I can remember to do so!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I don't think I've ever seen one of your still life paintings. I love it! What an interesting combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooooooooooove that tea cup!!! ... it is soooooooooo precious! You've gotta do more of those: I can see a series of tea-time images selling for you ... and like Thiebaud you could include yummy treats. It's an idea and it would give you the excuse to buy some delectables (lol.) While I enjoy my own humor, I do want you to know that I write this in all seriousness. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done Kimberly! I especially love that book! very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! So sweet! And Jan I don't need a reason to by yummy treats! That's my problem. Lord help me if I decide to paint those goodies! I'd probably put on 10 pounds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete