Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I've been neglecting my blog....



This week is Vacation Bible School at my church, and I'm helping. I'm in the snack area and today was blue snow cone day!! I don't know why it is that children love those things. Syrup poured over crushed ice doesn't really do anything for me but when the kids see that's what the snack of the day is, they are so happy!! Maybe it's the blue color, maybe it's the sugar, or maybe it's just that it's not something they would normally get at home. Whatever the reason, we had about 150 kids all leaving today with blue lips, teeth, and tongues. I heard one of the little boys telling another child that "this smurf juice must be permanent". I didn't realize that kids this young even knew what smurfs were, but I guess they do. My "baby" is in her twenties, so I'm out of the loop.

Today's little 5 x 7 inch oil painting is currently available for sale on ebay by clicking the link at the above right. I think the sky is about the same color as that "smurf juice" I was serving earlier!! LOL! Have a great day!!!

11 comments:

  1. Alors telle la "strumpfette" je me promène dans votre toile que je trouve très jolie avec ses nuances de verts...
    gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle use of greens. You definitely have your own style, it's very distinctive, which is a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, both of you liked the greens in this one. Thanks so much!!! Theresa, my larger paintings are much more detailed than these that I offer on ebay, but you're right. I have sort of gotten a nice plein air style going. I guess it only took about 200 paintings or so to get there!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice painting. Kim, thanks for commenting on my art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is attending a mennonite bible school this week, too bad i couldnt sneak along..since ive moved i have yet to find new fellowship..and no one ever invites ppl anymore - its a shame ..I asked to tag along with a new friend of mine to their non denominational church - but my friend has skipped the last couple sundays..so that was a bummer for me =P..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Barb! And Michele, that's too bad. I feel so blessed to have many really good churches in our area. I grew up in this one, so it's pretty comfortable for me. A lot of my good friends go there so we fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow cones are the best! :) My oldest just graduated high school. I am "out of the loop" too.

    Kim, do you paint these landscapes from your imagination (i.e. not life)? They are so wistful. Beautiful colors and lively brush strokes. They are perfect little abstracts in their own right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cyndi, most are from photos/drawings that I've done here locally, or where I've traveled. I do embellish the skies though. Depending on what kind of mood I'm in, determins how many clouds etc. If I see really cool clouds, I get my camera out and snap photos too. The digital age, gives me that luxery!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too...ignoring my blog. Been "away" this past week...just trying to catch up with my readings and my postings....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never ever eaten a snow cone! :)
    Lovely painting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful painting Kimberly! Fantastic colors!

    ReplyDelete