Thursday, June 30, 2011

I learned a new word this past week....



Verdure: an abundance of green flourishing vegetation. With all of the rain we had, and now with the sun being out, the fields and meadows have taken off! I love the "greenness" of this area and take it for granted too often. Anyway, after learning my new word, I decided I had to name one of my little paintings that.


This little 4 x 6 oil painting is currently available for sale on ebay by clicking the link on the above right.

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous, gorgeous painting! I love the light on the trees. :) And the word is the perfect title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful painting Kimberly! It s awonderful idea! Actualy i do belive that when we create a new painting we also create a new worlds and ids feel so magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colors. Nice sky too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Living in Kentucky, I'm sort of a "green" person! I go thru as much green sometimes as I do white!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly, I too have a profusion of green in my paintings! We just have to keep differentiating between them... Thanks for you kind comments on my work. Don

    ReplyDelete