Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Computers...




It still amazes me how much time I have to spend on the computer. Today, I got changed into my "painting clothes" (clothes I've already ruined with paint) expecting to get to work after I got done on the computer. Well...I've been on here all day and haven't touched a paint brush. Granted, I had to spend quite a bit of time working on some photos that have to be sent away for a scholarship I'm applying for, but some days it seems like I have to force myself to stay off this thing. My computer is a valuable tool, but I'm looking forward to diving into more painting tomorrow. Wouldn't it be nice if all I had to do was just paint.......(sigh). Oh well, back to reality!


This little 5 x 7 inch oil painting of an Ohio Valley overlook is currently available for sale on ebay by clicking the link at the above right. As always, all of my ebay paintings start at just $0.99! I'd better get off the computer and get to work!!!!

11 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly! I meant to be at the board today, too, but here I am, still at the computer. Glad I found your blog, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly..you're so funny! I guess we all have the same problem. I'm on the computer a lot because I enjoy seeing the work of all my blogger friends. This painting is really wonderful. Hard to believe its only 5x7. Beautiful sky as well. Now lets paint..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je crois que l'ordinateur est une véritable drogue... douce cependant en admirant votre blog! et cette dernière peinture. Votre ciel est très beau.
    Gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone...and you're right Martine, the computer can be like a drug! Glad I'm not alone! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This painting has great depth and wonderful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The computer is certainly the needed tool and often the great distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are all addicted to the computer. I think if I put mine in another room away from my studio it might help. ??? My husband bought me an IPAD, which is wonderful—but it seems to follow me everywhere. Beautiful painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very well done Kimberly.
    Thanks for the recent comments on my blog. It seems like we all spend too much time on the computer and I find summers are hard to get to all the correspondence I should be doing to be polite to all who check in on me.
    I hope you will not cancel a trip out this way just because of Bears. The fellow in Yellowstone did everything wrong that resulted in his death. They definitely need to be respected but one need not fear them if precautions are taken. There are don'ts and do's. I try to point out a few things on my facebook page daily. There are way more people killed in car wrecks traveling here than ever encounter a dangerous situation with bears.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've noticed I haven't spent nearly as much time on the computer after being without internet for almost a month, during my move.
    Now I'm having to force myself to do 'computer work'...I'd rather be painting.
    I guess that's a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the comments on the painting. Gary, we're not going to cancel, but it sure made us think about things!

    ReplyDelete