Friday, July 29, 2011

What's with the heat?.....




We're just about to beat the record for over 90 degree days here in Northern KY. I can't stand being outside in this and have been doing most of my painting in the studio. Basically, we get up early and walk about 5 miles, I run errands, then the bulk of my day is inside. What did people do in the old days before air conditioning! I have been re-evaluating my plein air easel. Mine's a big old heavy clunky french style. I'm dumping that for a Guerrilla thumb box or something small like it. The thumb box may be a bit too small for me I think, but I'm definitely downsizing. I learned that in this hot weather. I hope your weather is behaving better than ours!!!


This little 5 x 7 inch oil painting is currently available for sale on ebay by selecting the link at the above right.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscaping, Kimberly. love the light..hitting the trees and mountains! I don't do plein aire...strictly in the house! Someday, I might try it.! The weather hasn't been too bad here on Long Island but you still need the air-conditioning. I look forward to your next piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice light on this Kimberly. Your landscapes are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice light on this one. Love your landscapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the light is very expressive.
    Take a look at these pochade boxes at http://www.pochadeboxpaintings.com/
    Simple home made kits, by several artists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone and I'll also check out that website too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice depth and light! Hot in Tennessee also. I need a plein air easel also- last time I used mime it fell over and broke. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got a tripod with a rock bag hook so that keeps that from happening to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great light, and I love all the different shades of green.

    ReplyDelete