Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kentucky State Fair...



We went to the Kentucky State Fair yesterday and had a great time. Mostly I like to check out the art and the quilts. There was some beautiful artwork and amazing quilts!!! We also went for some of the free health screenings. The one I was really interested in was the pre-screening for skin cancer. I'm good to go, but my guy needs to go in and have a few things removed. Nothing serious thankfully. How cool was it that we could just go in and do that though!! They had free eye, hearing, & skin cancer screenings and you could even get a mammogram for a reduced price. We also sampled lots of goodies, (mostly dips and ice creams) and of course stopped the the ugliest lamp competition. Who knew there were two identical Elvis lamps still out there! LOL! Fun day!


For this or other paintings I have up for auction this week on ebay, just click on the link at the above right.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Especially the ice cream part, lol. Your painting is like the sea was before the hurricane. I wasn't affected, but I saw some pictures. Great art as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful portrayal of a perfect day at the beach. That sky is so beautiful, and really sets the peaceful tone of your painting, Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our state fair is in October and the food is what I enjoy most. :o Love your expansive sky in the painting...gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this painting is wonderful. I love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! You would not believe how blue the sky was that day!

    ReplyDelete