Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nibblefest on ebay...




Here's my Nibblefest entry on ebay for this month..(ebay search NFAC..this month's them was "On The Farm"). This was done plein air in Bracken County. I had told some of the folks at EBSQ that I had several little jumping bugs commit suicide on my painting while I was painting it. This painting session, I forgot to bring my chair. No biggie (I thought) because I had a quilt with me. So I picked a spot under a shade tree between the horse fence and the tobacco field (there's a tractor path there). I guess because I was so low to the ground every little jumping bug seemed to make it into my paint, on the canvas, on me, in my bag...it was very frustrating. I doubt that I'll forget my chair again!! I like to sit in one shaded spot and just move my chair vantage and paint. I don't like my plein air easel so I didn't bring it. I just hold the painting in my hand and I have an Artbin travel bag that housed my paint/solvents etc. When I get the money, (hopefully soon!) I'll be getting a Guerrilla Pochade box. I already have it picked out waiting in a cart online. Anyway, I smoothed the bugs out and this painting is what I was left with. I do love it out there...bugs and all!




This little 5 x 7 inch oil painting is available for sale on ebay by clicking the link at the above right.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Barb! I've already got bids. I try to participate especially if I can do a landscape and fit the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! I use different palette knives to get those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lovely spot. I just wanted you to know that I gave you a shot out on my blog. Just a thank you for following. :0 It's appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda and Adriann! So nice of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! You have such a light touch... maybe the bugs added some texture?? lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lovely, bugs and all. Actually, I think nothing is really wasted that gives you a good story--like you gave us.

    ReplyDelete